Shop & Establishment License
A. WHAT IS SHOP AND ESTABLISHMENT ACT
- To regulate conditions of work and employment in shops, commercial establishments, residential hotels, restaurants, eating houses, theatres, other places of public entertainment and other establishments.
- Provisions include Regulation of Establishments, Employment of Children, Young Persons and Women, Leave and Payment of Wages, Health and Safety etc.
B. APPLICABILITY AND COVERAGE
- It applies to all local areas specified in Schedule-I
- Establishment means any establishment to which the Act applies and any other such establishment to which the State Government may extend the provisions of the Act by notification
- Employee means a person wholly or principally employed whether directly or through any agency, whether for wages or other considerations in connection with any establishment
- Member of the family of an employer means, the husband, wife, son, daughter, father, mother, brother or sister and is dependent on such employer